THE AUCTION IS CLOSED-CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR HIGHEST BIDDER GLEN ROBERTS WITH HIS BID OF R3500.
This is your chance to get your hands on an extremely rare collection of awesome Strandveld Vineyards wines.
We are offering a very special collection of limited, vintage and sold out wines to the highest bidder. Take part in our online auction on 6 May.
Place you bids in the comments section of the Facebook or Instagram posts on Wednesday morning, or on our dedicated Whatsapp number 060 608 0340.
Bidding starts at 08:00 on Wednesday 6 May and closed at midnight on Thursday 7 May.
The six bottle collection is made up 1 bottle each of:
- Spook van Blomfontein – a very special wine spirit aperitif made from a base of our Strandveld Pinot Noir MCC and infused with Rose Geranium and other fynbos extracts, the Spook van Blomfontein makes a delightfully refreshing cocktail when paired with a splash of Indian Tonic and a slice of citrus peel. Only 380 bottles were produced and this is one of the last 2 bottles at the cellar.
- Strandveld Skaamgesiggie Pinot Noir Brut MCC 2018 – one of a limited release of only 2500 bottles, this delicious Rosé MCC is named after the very rare Protea pudens, affectionately known as the “Skaamgesiggie” or Bashful Sugarbush because of its unique downward hanging flowers. This shy Protea is endemic to the Strandveld. It is endangered and is categorised as a ‘red data’ species.”
- Strandveld Viognier 2018 – very few people know that we have made a single varietal Viognier at Strandveld. This is a truly special wine…cool climate Viognier… and one of the last bottles of the 500 bottles produced from the 2018 vintage.
- Strandveld Grenache 2018 – our maiden single varietal Grenache. A limited production of only a few barrels of a truly exception wine which has been awarded 94 pts/Four and a half stars in the 2020 Platter’s Wine Guide, 93 points by Tim Atkin MW and received a Gold Medal at the 2019 Veritas Awards.
- Strandveld Syrah 2015 – The missing vintage! Possibly Conrad’s best vintage from the last decade. This one was never released onto the South Africa market and we snagged one of the few bottles that remain in our vinoteque for auction.
- Strandveld The Navigator 2015 – our flagship red blend from one of the legendary South African vintages. This wine received numerous excellent ratings and accolades both at home and abroad. Highly recommended for cellaring, try not to open before 2023.