Although we can’t currently take bookings for leisure travel, we’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the Strandveld Vineyards Cottages.
After all this time at home, we’re sure you’ll need an escape when travel is allowed again, and what better place than the wide open spaces, peaceful tranquillity, rustic charm and rugged beauty of the Strandveld.
There’s loads to do when you #VisitStrandveld. Sit back, relax and enjoy the beautiful Strandveld gardens, savour a glass (or two) of wine on a sunny stoep or by a roaring fire, bring some board games and enjoy a games evening, picnic on the lush green lawns, make an indoor or outdoor braai or potjie and if you want to venture out there is plenty to see and do.
Sea, sand and sun
- Visit the beaches – stunning white sand beaches at Die Dam, Arniston and Struisbaai,
- Fishing – there is no end to the great fishing spots along our coastline. Rock and surf fishing at Die Dam, Rietfontein se Baai, Suiderstrand, fishing charters from Struisbaai and Kleinbaai, fish the estuary at De Mond Nature Reserve just to name a few.
- MTB & running & walking through the vines and fynbos
- Hiking Trails- try the Spookdraai and Rasterpunt trails in L’Agulhas, De Mond Nature Reserve
- Kite Surfing – kite surfers make the most of the windy days in Struisbaai.
See the sights:
- Visit the famous lighthouse, the site where the two oceans meet and the new map of Africa installation in L’Agulhas. See the wreck of the Meisho Maru which ran aground in Agulhas in 1982.
- Visit the Spookdorp at Plaatjieskraal, Buffeljags (4×4 required)
- Visit the famous Cave in Arniston and the tidal Pool in L’Agulhas
- See Parrie the famous stingray cruising in Struisbaai harbour
You can still take advantage of our #VisitStrandveld vouchers until 31 August 2020.
Pay R765 and get a 1 night stay – save 10 %
Pay R1,445 and get a 2 night stay – save 15 %
Pay R2,040 and get a 3 night stay – save 20 %